Due to the great variance between de FSAE/Formula Student events organized around the world, it is very difficult to determine a world ranking. No team competes in all official events, the amount of participants varies per event and also the strength of the competing teams differs a lot. But, FS world has come up with an equation which takes these aspects into account and can be used to determine a world ranking.
The world ranking is established according to several regulations:
- The list will be revised after each official event
- No results older then 3 years will be taken into account
- The overall results of the last 6 events will determine the teams score
- In order to ensure a better compatibility between different events some aspects are rated:
- Recent results with respect to season and event are weighed more heavily
- The competitiveness of an event is based on the scoring of the top 10 participants compared to the top 10 of the world.
- The ranking will be based on the points achieved per event and not position overal
For more information and the equation, please visit: http://www.fs-world.org/
The complete word ranking can be found here.